Thursday, January 28, 2010

Writing Process

I have been thinking that something extraordinary would have to happen to me in order for me to really excel as a human; it is the old story of making the most of a bad situation. I hear about people who overcome something terrible-like loosing a leg-and then become a great athlete. In my life, I wonder if I have had those terrible things happen that would bring about greatness. Looking back-I probably have had enough terrible things like divorce, sick kid, mother with cancer, failure to launch after college... Terrible things do not equal greatness. Many people suffer a great tragedy and are worse for ware rather than better. why am I so naive. everybody knows this...why do I even try. No body reads this anyway. I don't have any insight. I am not interesting. I will be a sad, pathetic, fat girl the rest of my life. I am a bad mother and an even worse wife. I can't write. I don't have any hobbies. I am not great at anything including being a friend/lover/mother. I can't get my life straight. I will never be able to make what I think into what I see. That guy had a cute butt. Guess I'll go eat worms.

And thus concludes attempt #1 to write something today.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I'm subscribed to your RSS feed. :)

    ♥ you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog every day! And I have something very important to tell you, in fact, it may change your ENTIRE life! Ready... Miriam... You... are... not... crap!!!!!! This is our motto at work, and I find that it's very reasurring and comforting to know I'm not crap. :) I understand that you were just free writing, but I really hope that you don't believe all those things, because they simply are not true. You are GREAT!! Your life has greatness, and you will continue to move higher in life! You are working on bettering yourself, and that in itself says so much about your character. If you were all those things, then you wouldn't care, you would stop trying. But you don't, and that's what makes you an amazing person. Keep going after your dreams, I know and truly believe you can have whatever you want in life! (We just have to be willing to go after it! - okay, I'm off my soap box now. :) ) Love you!

    ReplyDelete