Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time

Everything comes in its own time, so they say. In my life there is a time window. There is a certain period of time to accomplish any given task. Last night, I missed the window of time to go to sleep. I stayed up late talking to my husband and watching crappy DVR instead of laying my head down and sleeping. Once the window was passed, I was up all night. I took a shower at 3am hoping that it would relax me enough to sneak in 2 or 3 hours of sleep before the alarm-it didn't help, the window was closed.
So it is with all things in my life. The problem with the time window is that I don't recognize that it is closing until it is too late. By the time I get it, I've missed it. There is a certain amount of poetry in this life accompanied by irony and regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment