Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Movie Lines

I speak in movie lines. I get on these kicks where almost all I say, was said in a movie. I say lines from movies I don't even like. I have the visual in my head of the movie, while I say the line. These are strange times where pop culture and TV/Movies have crept into my psyche. Fahrenheit 451 comes to mind. After most of the books are burned, book-keepers emerge. The book-keepers can show the way to a new world order based on the classics. Memorization of beautiful books to pass on the essence of humanity to a new generation. I used to want to be the keeper of the Tao of Pooh. I don't know what book I would be the keeper of now... I wonder if we would recite books by the fire or if we have been reduced to reciting Movies by the fire. Maybe we will have a keeper of modern classics like Princess Bride and Young Frankenstein and What about BOB? Aren't these all rhetoric on current-ish history??? Aren't these, in some way, the essence of our society that we will pass on to our children?
For now, I just enjoy watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment