Monday, January 11, 2010

Sitting

I do alot of sitting. I sit at work. I sit at home in the evening in front of the TV. On weekends, I sit for two days straight, except for the weekly Walmart trip. I get very stir crazy just sitting all the time. I feel like such a useless person when I sit. The problem with sitting, is that once I'm firmly planted I have trouble getting motivated enough to get up and do something. All weekend, I should be doing laundry, deep cleaning my house, mending clothes, organizing junk drawers...anything to keep busy, but I just sit. I watch crap TV and eat whatever is in the house. By the time the weekend is over I am depressed and have gained two pounds. Then, during the week, I have to work extra hard to get caught up on all the stuff I didn't get done on the weekend. I know this is my pattern...I watch it play out week after long week and I am powerless to change it.
I think that here in rural Utah, there are not many places to go locally in the winter. I don't want to go outside when it is 14 degrees. There are few indoor 'activity' venues. I can only walk around K-mart and Walmart so many times. There are No arcades here, No malls, No art museums, No factories to take tours of, No bowling alley's (okay, so there is a bowling alley here, straight from 1965) No indoor rock climbing gyms, No kids play land, No Movie theatre where you can see more than 2 movies in a day, No new restaurants to try out, No BINGO.
The benefits of a small town far out weigh the negatives, but when it is cold outside and I feel trapped inside I wish I had picked a different place to live.

1 comment:

  1. That motivation thing is a biggie. I HATE folding clothes, so when I finally do it, that is when I'll sit and watch internet TV and try to catch up on some shows.
    I'd say you should have another child, so you can start chasing more kids around, but I know that is not what you want to hear. He he.

    ReplyDelete