Friday, February 5, 2010

Time

My time is not my own. I spent time this morning cooking breakfast for everyone and cleaning it up. I spent 5 minutes in the shower, because we have problems with our hot water. I spent time today shopping for Valentine's Day stuff for my daughters preschool class. I spent time with my mom at lunch-thank you mom-which was interrupted by the plumber, the landlord and my husband, twice. Later, running errands was interrupted by Kristins need to have a nap. Now it is 3 pm and I have only accomplished a portion of what I wanted to do. I got way off track today. Do you remember the Seinfeld episode with the phone face-off?? I have a real life face-off everyday. Everyday I have to decide to do for my husband, do for my child, do for ...the plumber, and I miss out on doing for me.
In my next life, I want better time management skills and the ability to say no when I think no and yes when I think yes to other peoples requests of my valuable time. I sound very disingenuous, I think I am frustrated. I have a picture in my head of a painting I want to paint, and I know there is only a certain amount of time it will be available in my head until it is lost to the madness. Oh, for the days when I could just paint or draw or sew and not have to plan time.

No comments:

Post a Comment