Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilt


I have spent the bulk of my time the last two weeks making quilt tops to sell. I made two table runners and put them on Etsy.com. This is a big step for me. I made something and put it out there in the world-hopefully to sell. I realized some time ago, that I complain about my life, or my situation, or my lack of direction, but don't do anything to change where I am or where I'm going. Selling two simple quilted table runners is a small way to change my internal direction and this means putting myself out there to be judged. I am so insecure that I had to fight off a panic attack while I was listing my wares. Before I listed, I went through the steps in my head and made a solid plan so that I couldn't back out. Now that I am out there-I feel excited!! So much stress and anguish associated with such a simple act, but I did it. It may be a small step-but I have completed a project and placed it in the world to sink or swim!!

2 comments: