Friday, December 11, 2009

Inside Voice and Outside Voice

My Inside Voice and Outside Voice often get confused, I have a habit of saying what I mean at the most inappropriate times. Conversely, when it really matters, my voice goes quiet. This is an internal mis-wiring that I can't quite seem to rectify. I don't know how to understand my own thinking, but I am constantly frustrated when others don't understand me. There it is...another conflict.


So what do I listen to? My outside voice, my inside voice or the voice that comes and goes? I am not a spiritual person, but sometimes I think I want to be. It would be nice to let someone else make the decisions. Nice to let someone else bare the burden of the results. It doesn't work that way for me. I have this need to live with the decisions I have made for right or wrong, regardless of the outcome. Isn't the that definition of insanity? To do the same thing over and over and expect a different result?

No comments:

Post a Comment