Thursday, June 3, 2010

In the Land of Blog

The online world if overrun with extremes. Extreme people writing extreme poetry talking about all things positive. The 'next blog' feature is one button I push now and again. It is interesting to see other people's lives. I have noticed a theme, there are blogs about:
1. My Family
2. My Hobby
3. My Physical Condition.
I just read part of a blog about a woman trying to breastfeed the child she had by artificial insemination. I read one about the poetry of some obscure Middle-Eastern ancient Guru. I read one more about the latest family vacation. I have noticed, especially on the 'family' blogs that only positives things are mentioned. The moral of the story is often pointed out and stories end in a tickle-fight. I wonder.... can life be that great all the time!?! In my mind, those who think they have the best life ever are, unbeknownst to them, waiting in a que for a giant tragedy. The 'everything is perfect' people are the ones who will have the breakdowns that land them in padded rooms. They are the ones whose husbands cheat and leave and whose teenagers get into drugs and sex at an early age. I think it is a good idea to keep on the bright side of life, but to only write the bright and not mention or even acknowledge the dark, leads to quite an unbalanced life. My life is full of ups and downs and lessons learned and lessons forgotten and I try to write about all of it. I really do feel bad for those who ignore the unpleasant, because with the unpleasant comes the reminder that 'things could be worse' and makes the good times even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment